Thursday, March 05, 2009

Unplanned spending and budget decisions

Today was supposed to be a NSD but I forgot that it's my bosses birthday and we'd agreed to put in some money and get him a cake - Of course, the guys were all too lazy to get it, so I went and picked it up. It was $25 for the mudcake, and they pitched in $5 each... shame there's only 3 of them, meaning I got $15 from them, leaving me to cover the remaining $10... I'm not bothered by this, but I'm trying really hard to keep to my allowance budget of $75/week and it just means I've got less to play with!

This is the first $$$ I've spent this week and I was planning on not spending anymore till the weekend but my sister called me a couple of hours ago wanting to get take away food tonight together - she's home alone and my BF is also at night school so I agreed to hang out with her - we've barely seen each other lately! I'm predicting I'll spend $15 on dinner and probably $6 on a DVD to watch. Altho... BF didn't return the last DVD on time (I didn't even realise he'd rented it until they called to remind us it was late) so there's an outstanding fine on the card - probably another $6! Meaning tonight will probably cost me $27 and I'll have $38 left for the weekend... hmmm... not liking those odds.

Might recommend watching a DVD we already have and letting BF pay that fine since it is his fine! And I'll choose carefully and give myself a $10 budget for dinner. So I'll have $55 left for the weekend. Not GREAT... but more liveable.

I'm glad that I'm thinking about these things though... 2 months ago I would've spent that money without a second thought. I feel like I'm genuinely forming a healthier relationship with money (or debt in my case!)

0 comments: