Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Holy expensive grocery shop, batman!

Went grocery shopping tonight, and spent $125.86! Woah!

I won't bother with typing out the whole thing but the big costs were:
  • $14.98 for 18 cans of Diet Coke with a free 12 can case of Lift thrown in - I bought a can of Diet with lunch today, the canteen has jacked the price up to $1.80 so I've decided to bring them from home and leave in my office fridge. This works out less than 50c a can
  • $6.39 Deodorant for Mr Melbourne
  • $5.68 Mozzarella cheese for tonight's lasgane (we got 8 serves out of it - 2 serves eaten tonight, 2 in fridge for tomorrow and 4 in freezer)
  • $6.20 Parmesan Cheese
  • $4.35 Garlic bread
  • $4.37 2L Lite Milk (when did milk get so expensive?)
  • $5.99 for an Enchilada kit (Mr M wanted it *sigh*)
  • $11.14 for mince for lasagne - forgot to defrost the kg in the chest freezer as night *double sigh*
  • $5.68 for 2kg of onions
  • $4.19 Loaf of bread
  • $4.50 card to accompany present for friend's party on Saturday

Now I'm not pointing fingers... but that shop would've been MUCH more within budget if I had gone on my own. Mr M wants EVERYTHING!

Also bought petrol, $45.33, and only other spending was the before mentioned $1.80 on a can of diet coke. No big bills due this week, other than mortgage repayment coming out, so not much to plan. Should be able to have NSD tomorrow no worries!

(If only I could be so sure about my eating. I was pretty good today until I got home and had garlic bread and BEER with dinner! grrrrrrrrr)

0 comments: