Sunday, March 29, 2009

End of March Update

I've realised that since I track my spending weekly it might be easier to track a month from a Monday to a Sunday i.e Monday March 30 until Sunday April 26 (4 weeks) would be easier for me to track! So today, March 29th is the end of my financial March... if that makes sense. The only problem with this is I will not have paid my March Credit card bills in full until Tuesday so there will be little change to our debt this month.

Credit Card 1: $6.94 (I'm still waiting on a 53.55 reimbursement)
Credit Card 2: -$175.40
Credit Card 3: $33.44
Credit Card 4: -$58.12
Credit Card 5: $64.07
Credit Card 6: -$13.41
Store Card: -$49.00
Home Loan 1: -$183.90
Home Loan 2: $397.56
Car Loan 1: -$264.41

Total March debt reduction: $242.23
New debt total: $298,098.91

These numbers are a bit confusing. I redrew $700 off our home loan which was an extra repayment we made a while ago, and I used to pay for something for BF's family, which they're SUPPOSED to pay us back for but I'm not holding my breath. The problem with being the "responsible" ones in the family is we often get stuck with these expenses. Little do they all know that we are in so much debt and really, can't afford it. But hey, that's what we do for the ones we love, right?

But at least the total debt number went down, and didn't go up.

My Goals for Financial April (March 29 til April 26) are:

Keep to the following budgets:
Groceries: $400
Petrol: $200

Pay:
$750 onto credit cards

Achieve:
8 No Spend Days
4 Pumps Classes
4 Other Classes
16 Lunchbox lunches
16 Home cooked dinners
16 Breakfasts
4 Dog Walks
2 Books read
2 kg weight loss

I've added a weight loss goal in there. I haven't been trying actively to lose weight but since I've noticed my trousers are a bit tight, I thought I better add one into the list! I need to make sure I do everything to feel my best on the big wedding day.

0 comments: