Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Late start damage control

You’d think after the weekends horrible attempt at keeping to a budget I would have gone grocery shopping as planned last night and have made plans to be on my best behaviour this week but no… It’s like I’ve morphed into a much uglier version of myself!

This morning I jumped on the scales to see the damage that I had done over the weekend. It was bad. 72.8kgs. Ouch.

Armed with that knowledge you’d think I’d organise to have a healthy day. Two weetbix? Good start. Topped with full cream milk? Not good. Downing three (full fat) coffees before noon? Double not good. (We ran out of light milk at work.) And then, the bitter cherry on the top was I had Subway for lunch. It was a 6’ ham sub (good) but I couldn’t resist the cheese (bad). Plus the sub and a sprite zero left a tidy $6.85 dent in my wallet (ugly).

So. It’s time to do some damage control – I need to plan the rest of my week.

Rest of today: pay week’s bills, buy petrol (budget $50) and groceries (fresh veggies and stuff for lunches only – Budget $30). Walk dogs, have home cooked meal and read book.

Wednesday: No Spend Day – Remember to take light milk and weeks worth of healthy snacks to work from home, tuna salad for lunch, go to gym for double class, home cooked dinner.

Thursday: No Spend Day – Brown bag lunch, take the dogs for their walk after work, followed by home cooked dinner and read my book.

Friday: My pay day – Personal training in the morning, breakfast at work, pay bills, no Friday lunch out, brown bag it instead (to make up for today), meet friend for cuppa at her place after work, walk dogs, home cooked dinner and quiet night in with some wine, read more of book.

Saturday: De-clutter wardrobe, Pump class, breakfast lunch and dinner all at home, try and read more book.

Sunday: De-clutter study, walk dogs, breakfast lunch and dinner all at home, read book. My goal is to finish book by end of weekend!

So that’s my plan. Let’s see if I stick to it!

We’ve got a few big bills to pay this week; annual car insurance ($906) and BF’s overdue speeding ticket ($226.50 – terrible!) but I’m still planning on putting $2500 onto wedding fund. BF got a bigger than usual pay check this week as he’s taking some leave and gets leave loading – an extra $500, which makes this weekend just gone less painful.

In other exciting news, I had been thinking of upgrading our laptop with the stimulus package us Aussies get in April ($900 for those who earn under $80k!) but BF’s boss has decided to buy it for us instead as a bit of a bonus for BF… NICE. I might just slide that $900 straight onto a credit card instead!

0 comments: