Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Okay this time for real... I'm back!

I know I keep saying that I’ve fallen off the bandwagon and I keep saying I'll get back on it – but I haven’t. I don’t know where my motivation has gone! I’m not bringing lunch from home as often, I’m not aiming for No Spend Days… in fact the only thing I am doing is tracking my spending! The effects of this are pretty clear – Spending A LOT more and my weigh continues to go up and up as the lack of planning is translating into other parts of my life. I’m not planning exercise either!

Anyway, here’s our end of April Debt Update:
















Wedding Savings end of March: $ 1000.62
Wedding Savings end of April: $ 2,500.62
Still needed to save: $ 20,817.88

I won’t go over my April goal results. Because they’re all rubbish!

But I will set goals for May. They are pretty much the same as the goals I set for April, with some minor changes. You’ll notice that I’m not setting a budget for petrol, and this is because I no longer have to pay for petrol – it’s all going through work now!

In May I will:

Keep our groceries below $400
Repay $800 onto credit cards
Achieve 8 No Spend Days
Attend 8 Exercise classes
Attend 6 Personal Training Sessions
Bring lunch to work 16 times
Eat dinner at home 16 times
Eat a proper breakfast 16 times
Take the dogs for a walk 8 times (twice a week)
Read 2 books (I’ve already borrowed them from the library)
Lose 2kg! (I’ll check my weight tomorrow morning to find my starting point)

I really have to take some control of my weight…hopefully being well organised this month will help me!

Wedding update for those that are interested:
1) The dress from eBay arrived! It’s pretty good; some minor alterations required but it looks like I’ve saved myself about $1500.
2) We have booked a celebrant. She will cost $500, although I budgeted $600 so this is good!
3) We have booked a photographer for $2355. This is bad because I budgeted $1600 but BF decided he wanted all the extra albums and parents albums etc and since it’s his wedding too I thought we might as well do what he wants for a change hehe
4) We have decided to go to Vanuatu and possibly New Zealand for our honeymoon. This means only 6 nights in Vanuatu and then probably 5 nights in New Zealand’s North Island. I don’t know how this will affect our budget yet! But it should work out the same as 10 days in Vanuatu in the 5 star hotels! But overall I have budgeted $8500 for our honeymoon, for all accommodation, flights & spending money. Hopefully that’s enough!

I will try to be a more regular blogger; I don’t think I'll ever achieve any regular readership with the current state of this thing!!

3 comments:

KB said...

I've been exactly the same lately! I posted a similar thing on my blog "I'm not living like I'm on a budget".
I haven't been going crazy, but I'm certainly spending a lot more than I should ... buying lunch, going out, etc etc. It needs to change in May!

Rob said...

Go on - keep the blogging up - its been an interesting read for a lazy Sunday.......

Anonymous said...

You need to save over $2,800 a month for the wedding, that's a lot of money but I'm sure you will be able to cut down.
Good luck with the budget and the up coming wedding.
Keep up with blogging, you will get there.