Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Getting tough already!

This week’s budget money isn’t surviving very well! I took out $150 yesterday (Monday), gave BF $75 and then spent $6.50 on lunch because I slept late and didn’t get a chance to pack it (totally my fault) and tonight we went to the movies (with pizza and beers before hand) and I spent $20 on a round of drinks for BF, myself, my sister and my BIL $10 on a pizza and $18 on two movie tickets. So yeah… $20.50 left by Tuesday night! OUCH! I probably should’ve gotten my sister and BIL to get their own drinks, but it’s an old habit to buy a round – it all works out in the wash though, as there are definitely times when BIL will buy the round of drinks, it just happened that I went to the bar whilst the boys got the table. I never said this was going to be easy, did I? BF has more of his allowance left and has offered to give it to me since I bought the drinks and movie tickets but I told him I’d see how I go… he’s so good to me :)

So after the movie I was adamant that I wasn’t going to “waste” anymore money on lunches so I took BF to the supermarket and made sure I would have enough fruit, tuna, salad stuff and crackers to last all week. Spent $58 on groceries from the $100 budget – will go back on Friday to plan the weekend once I know what we’re doing. We had planned to go away this weekend, but now it looks like we might not be doing that. There was an extra $100 budgeted for accommodation and petrol so I'll be able to relocate that – might put it into our wedding fund. (Which is actually our home loan, we have a fully flexible loan, so we’ll put all extra money on it to save interest and redraw it as we need to pay for things – it’s currently sitting at $2865. I will discuss whether this is the right place to keep the saving tomorrow!)

BF goes back to night school this week, so tomorrow and Thursday night I will be on my own for dinner so we didn’t plan dinners for the week. I’m vowing to eat whatever is in the cupboards/freezer. I’m pretty sure there are a stack of Lite ‘n’ easy meals left over from my stint last year (which, may I add, is another bad use of perfectly good money!). I really don’t want to spend money if I don’t have to!

P.S Have discovered that last month’s phone bill was $86.21 because I’ve been surfing the net on my phone as well as over spending on my cap. Technically my bill should be about $57 because I’m on a $49 cap + insurance. May need to review my plan…

0 comments: